- bunch of fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup of white chocolate
- 1 ounce dark chocolate
This is the easiest Halloween treat to make with your kids! They are a healthy alternative to traditional candy and gluten free, of course. These little cuties took on their own personalities with their different shapes and sizes. The way the strawberry tops formed for their hair cracks me up. We even gave some of them a haircut.
When buying strawberries it’ a good thing to buy organic. Strawberries are one of the fruits with the highest pesticide residue. It would suggest checking the dirty dozen list of the top 12 fruits and vegetables when shopping and make a conscience effort to at least buy organic those with the highest pesticide levels.
If you want the “Dirty Dozen” list in a jiffy click here, and you can review the items so you will know which ones to purchase organic. There is even research that shows organic produce is often is higher in antioxidants and nutritional value than conventional. You can feel good about spending a little more to get more nutrition!
bunch of fresh strawberries (12)
1/4 cup of white chocolate
1 ounce dark chocolate
1. Wash strawberries and dry them.
2. Melt white chocolate and dip strawberries putting them on wax paper.
3. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
4. Paint fun faces of ghosts and skeletons using a thin paint brush in melted chocolate.
Hope you get more Treats than Tricks,