Want an easy gift to make for family, friends and teachers? Here it is, Christmas in a Jar! Make sure to save some for yourself because it is a perfect sweet treat that actually is good for you! Sure, you didn’t expect anything less from Spoonful of Health!
I found these great vintage jars at the craft store and they held about 2 cups of nuts. I made several batches and my house smelled AMAZING!
3 lb bag (48 oz) pecans (I used Costco’s Kirkland brand)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup Sucanat, date, or coconut sugar (learn more)
1 tablespoon of cinnamon or pumpkin spice
3 tablespoons raw honey
*omit sugar and honey for Candida diets
1. Rinse pecans and toss nuts in coconut oil.
2. Add sugar, shredded coconut and spices.
3. Roast pecans for 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
4. Toss nuts at least once. Checking them so they don’t brown too much.
5. Toss the honey after taking nuts out of oven. I usually add a tad bit more cinnamon too!