- 1 1/2 lbs. grass-fed beef
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup ketchup (omit for FreeDiet™ phase 1)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (omit for FreeDiet™)
How in the world do you make a meatloaf WITHOUT bread crumbs and eggs and keep it moist and tender? This meatloaf was created out of a bare pantry and the desire to make a meatloaf happen!
What’s a girl to do without bread crumbs and eggs? I did have a lovely and lonely green zucchini in my fridge. We make zucchini meatloaf… that’s what a girl can do!!
1 1/2 lbs. grass-fed beef
1 cup shredded zucchini w/skin on (1 small zucc)
1 tablespoon Italian spices
1 teaspoon sea salt plus a dash or two
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup gluten free ketchup (omit for FreeDiet™ phase 1)
1/2 cup shredded cheese (omit for FreeDiet™phase 1 & 2) read tips below for alternative
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sprinkle a few dashes of sea salt over shredded zucchini.
3. Blend all the ingredients together, except the ketchup and cheese.
4. Press the meat into loaf pan and spread ketchup over top. Add cheese to top.
5. Bake for 45 min. and let cool after draining the juices.
I like to add shredded Pecorino Romano cheese over the ketchup and bake it. Keep in mind when using cheese that is salty like Pecorino Romano, you should omit the extra teaspoon of sea salt. Also, I have blended that 1/2 cup of cheese into the shredded zucchini before and used less on top. For dairy-free, use a shredded potato with salt and drizzle with olive oil. When potato bakes on top, it is crispy good! Careful not to overcook grass fed beef as it tends to be lean and cooks faster.
With a fork full of health,
P.S. “Spoonful” didn’t sound right with meat.